I read something that actually made me laugh out loud. It said something to the effect that if life doesn’t hand you water and sugar to go along with your lemons, your lemonade is really going to suck. Literally. As far as this whole series of things I love, hopefully I’m taking the proverbial lemons of life and adding the sweetness of grace to make yet again proverbial lemonade. Which tastes much better than Country Time Lemonade, by the way. So I’m starting up again at #691.
691) The Red Hot Chili Peppers.
692) Actually looking forward to my Brentwood Baptist Church Life Group (or Sunday School class if you’re over 30 and don’t quite get the hipper church lingo yet).
693) All the waiters and waitresses at McCreary’s Irish Pub who always make me feel so very welcome and at home.
694) My sister’s dog Ellie who is the sweetest and friendliest dog on the planet.
695) Not tossing and turning half the night.
696) The comfy leather chairs at Starbucks.
697) Rainbows after a thunderstorm.
698) Hearing chirping birds again after a long rainy spell.
699) Catching old episodes of Family Ties.
700) Feeling welcomed in a group.
701) Making others feel welcome in a group.
702) Being able to play the music on my iPhone through my car and charge my phone at the same time.
703) That I’m reading The Chronicles of Narnia again for about the 15th year in a row.
704) Being able to plug in my iPhone and hear GPS directions through those same car speakers.
705) Those cheezy episodes of 21 Jump Street.
706) Eric Metaxas’ amazing biography of Dietrich Bonhoeffer.
707) The way my cat Lucy often poses like a supermodel.
708) Wondering about things like if animals could talk before the Fall.
709) Revolutionary War-era biographies.
710) Lawn darts.
711) My never-ending hunt for bowling shoes at thrift stores.
712) Badminton and my awesome badminton racquet.
714) The times when I trust in the Lord with all my heart instead of leaning on my own understanding.
715) Chocolate covered raisins.
716) Bond. James Bond.
717) The godly example my brother-in-law Steve is setting for his family.
718) When people talk about turning 30 like it’s the end of the world and I feel like I’m really starting to come alive at age 41.
719) Old people who don’t act their age.
720) That time a friend of mine walked all the way over from Chipotle to where I was sitting at Starbucks to talk to me.
721) Caramelized onions.
722) Knowing the difference between to, two, and too.
723) My fantastic Glenn Miller collection.
724) When I talk to myself and grin like an idiot because I’m so spectacularly funny.
725) Passing that BMW SUV tonight in my vintage ’95 Jeep Cherokee.