“Who would ever know the greater graces of comfort and perserverance, mercy and forgiveness, patience and courage, if no shadows fell over a life?” (Ann Voskamp)
“The practice of giving thanks…eucharisteo…this is the way we practice the presence of God, stay present to His presence, and it is always a practice of the eyes. We don’t have to change what we see. Only the way we see.” (Ann Voskamp)
The big 3-0. That’s how many blogs I’ve written in this series. It seems like only yesterday that I was writing the first one. Actually, it was more like three weeks ago. Maybe four. But here I am yet again, starting out with #871.
871) Still having peace and joy after being defriended on Facebook for no apparent reason (at least none that was given with no chance to correct whatever I did wrong).
872) The comfort of chocolate ice cream.
873) That Aslan is on the move.
874) A surprise visit from a friendly neighborhood cat.
875) Hanging out with my sister when it’s just the two of us, even if it’s at Michael’s.
876) Lucy the Wonder Kitty half-asleep and purring in my lap.
877) Those times when God reminds me gently that He is all I really need.
878) Salted peanuts.
879) Being able to let go and move on.
880) Seeing pictures of my friends John and Michelle’s new baby and knowing she will be loved.
881) The way my old dog Murphy used to sigh with contentment at the end of a long day.
882) Being an Eagle Scout.
883) Adele’s voice.
884) Having a great weekend to look forward to.
885) Not giving a . . . well, crap about what other people think anymore.
886) The tender yet relentless pursuit of the Father for His children (including me).
887) My coffee table book of Ansel Adams photography that I picked up at an estate sale for $5.
888) Red Velvet anything.
889) God using people like the Apostle Peter and the Apostle Paul.
890) My big book of Vincent Van Gogh artwork.
891) Friends who refuse to give up on other friends.
892) That last bit of sleep just before I have to wake up in the morning.
893) My friend who recently moved to Orlando and who is one of the sweetest kindest people I’ve been blessed to know.
894) Visions of lambs lying down with lions and being unafraid.
895) Red kool-aid. As long as it’s not during VBS.
896) A really good foot massage.
897) Running water, indoor plumbing, and all those other things I take for granted that half the world would love to have.
898) My very swanky Mr. Rogers t-shirt.
899) When I stop trying to define who my neighbor is and start trying to be one.
900) Big Red gum.
901) That I’m down to less than 100 things I love left. Maybe
902) Finding the perfectly random pin on Pinterest.
903) Google Chrome (much more than Internet Explorer).
904) Purple stuff (way more than Tang).
905) 10,000 years to sing of 10,000 reasons to bless the Lord.