“The prayers we weave into the matching of socks, the stirring of oatmeal, the reading of stories, they survive fire” (Ann Voskamp).
“I don’t really want more time; I just want enough time. Time to breathe deep and time to see real and time to laugh long, time to give You glory and rest deep and sing joy and just enough time in a day not to feel hounded, pressed, driven, or wild to get it all done-yesterday” (Ann Voskamp).
The way I figure it, I have only two of these left. Then again, I was never good at math. And who knows? Maybe I’ll be a rebel and add one extra just for the fun of it. Why stop at 1,000? Why stop at all? Gratitude means you never stop counting your blessings that you become aware of as you number them one by one. So that said, I start again at #936.
936) Making my triumphant return to swing dancing tonight at Centennial Park.
937) How anyone who has ever worked in a corporate environment can relate to the movie Office Space.
938) The Greek on the GO! Strawberry Granola Bites. You can’t have just one. Or at least I can’t.
939) Whenever my family gets together.
940) That I’m losing my mind and as long as I don’t lose the part that tells me when to pee, I’ll be just fine.
941) Reading The Horse and His Boy again for probably the 15th year in a row.
942) Having “Black Horse and the Cherry Tree” as my new text and email alert on my iPhone.
943) Mild summer days with low humidity.
944) Having my only expectations be that God will keep all His promises to me.
945) The Dream of someone.
946) Using Inappropriately Captalized Letters At Random.
947) Having access to the Throne of Grace 24 hours 7 days a week.
948) Sometimes my only mode of transportation is a leap of faith (borrowed from a Facebook post).
949) That I don’t have to fire cannons to call attention to my shining; all I have to do is shine (from D. L. Moody).
950) Borrowing quotes and ideas from people on Facebook.
951) Being able to highlight verses in my YouVersion Bible app on my iPhone.
952) Having all my Christmas music on my laptop in case I ever feel the need for Christmas in July (or August).
953) Office chairs that swivel and spin.
954) Saturdays when it’s not raining.
955) Ditto for Sundays.
956) Not having been hit by any cars in the last 6 months.
957) Being alone and praying in Baskin Chapel at Brentwood Baptist Church.
958) Every time someone accepts my friend request on Facebook.
959) The way when I’m in a serious moment of silence and my stomach suddenly decides to do a spot-on impression of a whale’s mating call (borrowed this one from Pinterest).
960) That the walk of faith is not about seeing the whole journey but taking the next step.
961) That my hope isn’t in a President but a King.
962) Knowing the Kingdom of God is now and not yet.
963) Nerds candy.
964) Big League Chew bubble gum.
965) Meeting an Asian person who hates all Asian food (and thus busting another stereotype).
966) Asian food of just about any kind.
967) All George MacDonald’s fantasy stories.
968) How much I can relate to John Cusack’s characters in just about every one of his movies.
969) Living in the moment and finding God there.
970) My friend at Ultimate Frisbee who looks like Amanda Seyfried and who always makes me smile.