“Humbly let go. Let go of trying to do, let go of trying to control, let go of my own way, let go of my own fears. Let God blow His wind, His trials, oxygen for joy’s fire. Leave the hand open and be. Be at peace. Bend the knee and be small and let God give what God chooses to give because He only gives love and whisper a surprised thanks. This is the fuel for joy’s flame. Fullness of joy is discovered only in the emptying of will. And I can empty. I can empty because counting His graces has awakened me to how He cherishes me, holds me, passionately values me. I can empty because I am full of His love. I can trust” (Ann Voskamp).
My list continues at #551.
551) Going back to swing dancing at Centennial Park on July 13.
552) Conversations with people of different faith-traditions where we both learn something new.
553) Embracing my own uniqueness instead of giving in to the pressure around me to fit in.
554) When I finally realized that the song “Father Abraham” was about the Abraham from the Bible and NOT Abraham Lincoln.
555) The joke about what a vegan zombie craves– “Graaaaaaains!”
556) That true belief is active and results in actions– works if you will. It’s not mental assent; it’s putting hands and feet on faith and living it out every single day.
557) That defining what truth is and is not is not up to me.
558) Getting coupons for free Chick-fil-A sandwiches.
559) The random way my brain works and how it makes all my conversations extremely unpredictable yet very interesting.
560) God being so much bigger than my fears and doubts and questions.
561) Knowing that my eternal security doesn’t depend on my skill at playing Candy Crush Saga.
562) Knowing my ultimate hope isn’t in a president or a republic, but a King and a Kingdom.
563) Half-priced shakes from Sonic.
564) The thought of never having to take another math class as long as I live.
565) The movie That Thing You Do!
566) The conversation I had at Best Buy with Jamie (who I will probably never see again) where I completely lost track of time.
567) Chihuahuas that fit into tea cups.
568) Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens (is that how the song goes?)
569) The perfect cup of Earl Grey tea.
570) Capturing a magical moment in a photograph.
571) Running through a sprinkler just I used to to when I was little.
572) The uncomplicated faith of a child.
573) Fireworks on the 4th of July.
574) My friend Lara getting married (and me getting an invitation to her wedding to see a prayer of mine getting answered before my very eyes).
575) That I still have 6 months to finish my goal of watching all of the 9 nominees for 2012’s Best Picture Academy Award.
576) Never having to watch Life of Pi ever again– once was definitely enough.
578) Every single cartoon featuring that loveable dog named Droopy.
579) How a faithful pet can actually lower your blood pressure and reduce stress.
580) Hearing my cat Lucy snore.
581) Making peace with the past– all of it.
582) Cool Hand Luke– because it is such a great film.
583) Truly worshipping in spirit and in truth.
584) Government square pizzas like they used to have when I was in grade school.
585) All of the people who follow this blog faithfully.