In case you didn’t get the title, it’s the opposite of those never-ending series of movies called The Fast and the Furious. I think we’re probably looking at at least 18 more of those, so gird your loins.
But I digress. Back to the list of things I love, starting at #81.
81) Spontaneously starting up conversations with strangers with small dogs at Starbucks. The best part is that we’re not strangers anymore, but friends.
82) Finding out I wasn’t the only one who struggled with that or felt that way.
83) Finally getting around to seeing a movie I missed years ago and finding out it was worth waiting to see.
84) Listening to Morgan Freeman’s voice (if he ever narrated a book on CD, I’d buy it, even if it was Intro to Trigonometry.
85) Finding out that U2 finally has a NEW album coming out later this year.
86) The elegance and beauty of Grace Kelly.
87) That the end of the Greatest Story Ever Told has already written and it’s has the best ending ever.
88) Or if you prefer, all of history is like the title page and table of contents, and after it ends is the real beginning of the Real Story in which every next chapter is better than the last and where you don’t want to ever put the book down.
89) The peace that comes with acceptance that a friendship is over and that it has served its purpose and best of all, being thankful for the time we had.
90) Every time I see the transformative power of the risen Christ in my life.
91) Believing in love again and especially believing that there really maybe someone out there who will want and desire me.
92) Being in a place at night where you can see the stars.
93) The smell of chlorine. I know it’s weird, but it takes me back to going to the Y as a kid.
94) The smell of bus exhaust. Again, it’s strange, but this time it takes me back to the days of marching band trips.
95) Watching fireflies and listening to a symphony of crickets on a slow country night.
96) Seeing a mother who isn’t preoccupied or busy or glued to her smart phone and is loving on her child and living in the moment.
97) Those little candies called Smarties.
98) That I really can taste the rainbow when I eat a Skittles.
99) Listening to my cat snore.
100) The good feeling I get after eating a really good Southern home-cooked meal.
101) That there will be more of these blogs because there are so many more little things that I love.