There’s my not-so-subtle reference to the classic 80’s flick, Sixteen Candles. I had to do something with the number 16, right? And who didn’t love Molly Ringwald in that movie? Seriously.
Which brings us to #381 (and yes, I had to look up the last entry to get the number right).
381) Getting that unexpected 10 cent discount on gas at Kroger’s.
382) Not getting gas from that really tasty burger from The Pharmacy.
383) Jokes involving cannibals, dinosaurs, or people named Juan (ask me if you want an explanation).
384) It’s never too late to blossom into the person God always meant you to be.
385) The anticipation of getting coffee with a friend at The Frothy Monkey in downtown Franklin.
386) Air conditioning on days like today when I seriously thought I was going to die from sweating so much.
387) That my prayers actually change things– or more accurately, they change me and I change things.
388) When a team I root for actually wins.
389) God has my name written on the palms of his hands and on his heart.
390) Southern Sweet tea, i.e. tea sweetened to almost diabetes-inducing levels.
391) The way my cat looks at me like, “Dude, seriously?”
392) Knowing that my family and friends are around the world, making a difference, crazy enough to believe they can do what people say can’t be done and change the world for the better.
393) That stone house with the red door in downtown Franklin.
395) Not having to worry about being counted off for incomplete sentences.
396) Writing these lists– if possible, more now than when I started.
397) Hope fulfilled.
398) Singing along to Bon Jovi at the top of my lungs with the windows rolled down in my car and not even caring what other people around me think.
399) The occasional karaoke.
400) The peace of Christ which surpasses understanding guarding my heart and mind.
401) My very awesome collection of music that I’ve compiled on my iPhone.
402) Jesus choosing to go through hell for me rather than go to heaven without me.
403) It will be 14 months of no carbonated drinks as of tomorrow.
404) Speaking into the back of a box fan and sounding like a robotic Darth Vader.
405) Chamber music.
406) Bluegrass music.
407) Pretty much every type of music.
408) Those times when there were only one set of footprints in the sand.
409) That the word “booger” still strikes me as completely hilarious.
410) Testimonies of God’s ability to save anyone from anything at anytime.
411) That girl who was Joey’s girlfriend and then Chandler’s girlfriend (on the TV show friends), then later ended up on Criminal Minds.