I’m taking time to be intentional about thankfulness. It’s easy in the middle of a stressful and trying week to focus only on the negatives, but the power of peace and joy comes through gratitude. Sometimes, gratitude is what unlocks the miracle of seeing God in your circumstances.
- I’m thankful that it’s Friday. I survived another week intact.
- I’m thankful for the quarterly Friends of the Library sale where I can browse to my heart’s content (which in this case meant from about 5:15 until 5:30 when the sale ended for the day.
- I’m thankful for Taco Bell which really hit the spot tonight. I know it’s not the finest dining (and it’s not really even true Mexican), but it is cheap and dependable and good.
- I’m thankful for the nap I already know I’ll be taking tomorrow at some point.
- I’m thankful for salvation and for the God whom I routinely take for granted but who never takes me for granted.
There are probably more that I could add, but I’ll end it with one more:
6. I’m thankful for a comfy bed where I will soon be getting a good night’s rest.