I was thinking what I’d like to buy if I had loads of cash, i.e. I won the lottery or a distant rich relative kicked the proverbial bucket.
Note: This is all for fun and none of it has any bearing whatsoever on reality.
I’d like to buy:
1) A red mini-cooper (preferably one with a British flag emblem either on the roof or on the side-view mirrors).
2) A Mac Book Pro.
3) One of those houses either on West Main Street, Fair Street, or one of those side streets around the heart of historic downtown Franklin.
4) The complete series of Friends on blu ray.
5) One of those ultra lightweight carbon bikes.
6) An upgraded DSLR camera that shoots HD (maybe a Leica camera even?)
7) A sizeable donation to Freedom’s Promise (who works with the victims of sex trafficking in Cambodia).
8) Being able to anonymously buy people’s dinners and pay their bills.
9) A really old Bible from the 1700’s.
10) A really old coin from the 1700’s.
11) Anything from the 1700’s.
12) A vacation in Scotland, Ireland, and England.
13) A cruise around the Mediterranean.
14) A newer and spiffier iPad with improved WiFi.
15) To stay one night at both the Peabody Hotel in Memphis and Opryland Hotel in Nashville.
16) One of those portable DVD players.
17) More vintage transistor radios to add to my burgeoning collection.
18) One really old and really big radio that still works (like the one in A Christmas Story).
I think that covers it. At least it covers all that I can think of in my tired old brain at 11:03 on a Saturday night on this first day of August in the year of our Lord 2015.